Nepal Chapter | Trouw Nutrition India
13 June 2019
From Feed to Fork - Trouw Nutrition offers 360o approach
Trouw Nutrition India, a Nutreco Company, is the global leader in animal nutrition with “Feeding the Future” as its mission. Aligning with their mission, Trouw Nutrition successfully conducted two seminars on 8th June, 2019 at Bharatpur and on 9th June 2019 at Itahari. The focus of the seminars was – Feed Safety, Efficient Feed Production and Gut Health. The seminar had a gathering of around 80 key customers, farmers, feed millers and consultants.
The seminar began with Dr. Chandani Parihar, Marketing Manager, Trouw Nutrition India welcoming the guests and setting the tone for the evening.
Dr. Saurabh Shekhar, Managing Director, Trouw Nutrition India, spoke about the new developments at Trouw Nutrition. Trouw Nutrition, part of the SHV Group – a Dutch conglomerate, is at the heart of changes in a world with limited natural resources and growing pressure on the feed-to-food value chain. Trouw Nutrition is a one stop solution provider that has been supporting farmers, integrators and the feed industry around the world for over 80 years. Trouw Nutrition’s strong belief and investment of about € 50 million in research and innovation is helping it realise the necessary growth for farmers and integrators in the animal nutrition industry. Dr. Shekhar also gave the audience an overview of the company’s global operations and the key focus areas.
Dr. Kai Kuehlmann, Regional Commercial Manager Feed Safety, Trouw Nutrition APAC had a very interactive session with audience on ensuring feed safety and efficient feed production. Salient features of his presentation are:
- Grains are full of nutrients and the economic impact of mould growth are huge. Tropical climate only increases the challenge of mould growth. To counter the challenge, development of a proper Feed Safety/Feed Mill Efficiency Program and Mycotoxin Risk Management Program is essential.
- Process moisture management benefits include better capacity utilization, improvement in PDI, and optimum moisture content of finished feed. This needs to be combined with mould control in order to increase shelf life of the feed.
- An integrated solution to moisture management and mould control is Fylax Forte which is a synergistic blend of free and buffered organic acids along with an innovative activated propionate technology and surfactants to ensure maximum benefit to the users.
- Mycotoxin Management is essential part of feed safety program. The integrated approach for mycotoxin control includes diagnosis, risk evaluation and then implementation of relevant solutions.
- Trouw Nutrition can help in complete Mycotoxin Management through a combination of their services and products. Services like Mycomaster and laboratory analysis at MasterLab, can be utilized for quick and reliable analysis of raw materials and feed. This is essential to monitor mould and aflatoxin levels. Products like Toxo MX, the best aflatoxin binder with maximum aflatoxin adsorption capacity, can be employed to reduce toxin impact.
Dr. Sabiha Kadari, Technical Manager, Trouw Nutrition India talked about the integrated approach for a healthy gut environment. Key points of her presentation are:
- Healthy gut is critical for overall bird health as it is directly related to the entry of microbes through feed, water, environment and vertical transmission.
- Antibiotic Growth Promoters (AGPs) have been used since many decades to counteract the ill effects of pathogenic microbes. However, the misuse of AGPs has been related to other problems like destruction of commensal flora, overgrowth of resistant microbes and eventually re-infections, diarrhoea and mortality.
- An integrated and sustainable approach for promoting healthy gut includes covering both feed and water sources. Use of organic acids – small chain fatty acids (SCFA), medium chain fatty acids (MCFA) have been proven to have positive effects on the gut environment.
- Trouw Nutrition can help through products like Selacid Green, a synergistic blend of free and buffered SCFAs and MCFAs, that improves technical performance of bird and controls both Gram+ive and Gram-ive bacteria . Water quality should also be looked at to ensure good gut health. Selko pH is a synergistic blend of free and buffered organic acids, which helps to stabilize water pH and improves intestinal health.
- Trouw also offers water quality testing at MasterLab in Hyderabad, part of the largest professional network of laboratory service in animal nutrition industry.
Mr. Pranab Kumar Nayak, Sales Manager, concluded the seminar by thanking the participants and requesting the customers for their continued support.
For further information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org